Count The Shadows

So...I haven't slept today. Mainly last night, but I haven't taken a nap.

This is mainly due to a very dumb decision to read House of Leaves at 3 am.

Yeahhh. I don't know why I do this to myself. I just honestly love reading horror stories. Maybe I'm just a masochist because my imagination goes into hyperdrive once I'm alone and then bad things happen. Yeah.

So...it was a good novel. Interesting. The main scary bits were in the beginning around the first 200 pages or so and then it just started getting...slow. Like, it just stopped being scary.

I mean, scary stuff was still happening, but it just didn't affect me. The stuff that happened to Tom and Navidson and all that was just like "._. bad run of luck, dude ew" and. Yeah, that's about it.

Still, it didn't stop me from being afraid to go downstairs alone at 7 am when I finished it. I ended up just knocking on my parents' door and snuggling in bed until my dad went downstairs.

Soooo...yeah. Decent book. Scared me a crapton but I'll get over it. It's not nearly as frightening as Psycho or the boogie lady is to me. Or just darkness in general.

Have I mentioned that? That I'm scared of the dark? Well, I am. So. Yeah. /endpost

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
March 28, 2011 at 11:24 AM

"Are you afraid of the bogey man?"
"No...the b-bogey lady."
To this day, Mom *still* won't let me play the theme from 'A Summer Place'. If you ever want to freak her out, play the chorus. Loudly. Preferably while she's near a dollhouse.

Post a Comment