The Perfect Man

I just really like this picture, it's pretty.
So there are these two fictional characters: Eugenides from The Thief series and Howl from Howl's Moving Castle.
They're pretty opposite as far as characters go, aside from the fact they're both madly in love with someone else.
Like Howl is kind-hearted and calm for the most part and sweet and always a gentleman, but he has the heart of a child and he's just so "awwww" worthy. He can pull off lines no one else can, like "Your hair is like starlight!" which is...cheesy for the rest of the world.
Gen is a thief. He's arrogant and stubborn and selfish and cocky and tremendously witty and clever and afhileahfilehahf. (He's kind of the reason I like Ramsey in the first place.)
So my sister adores Howl and I'm devoted to Gen. However, the topic of their loves comes up again.
Howl has Sophie who is all timid and shy at first because she thinks she isn't beautiful and isn't really sure of herself blah blah blah.
Gen has Attolia (Irene) who is the sole ruler of her country after poisoning the first husband she was forced to marry, commanding, a bit harsh, afraid of love, blah blah blah.
So what's funny about this, is that I'm more Sophie and my sister is more Attolia and there's positively nothing we can do about it. Just that our ideal loves would be utterly unsatisfied with us. Which is kind of sad. But also funny.

4 comments:

Dorian said...
June 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Aside from the fact that I would like to crush eggs down your back for your lazy dilution of Howl's myriad of shiny, shiny attributes, I like this. (I still can't decide if I like book Howl or Miyazaki Howl better..)

And I still think it would work out. Worse comes to worse, I would corrupt Howl, and you would tame Gen...

Tess said...
June 5, 2011 at 3:04 AM

http://yafantasyshowdown.weebly.com/fan-fight-14.html

The Captain said...
September 6, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Why is your blog called The Cake Was A Lie

Larien said...
September 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM

It's a reference to the game Portal. I'm a fan of it :3

Post a Comment