Real School

So, a really cool thing happened to me recently. My mom went to her doctor's appointment and I really like that doctor. She's also a pediatrician, thus my doctor as well, and she's just really nice. I don't know if other doctors remember everything you tell them, but it's a majorly cool factor.

Anyways, so our doctor knows that I go to an online school, but she's recognized that I like to be social, so when my mom went to see her, they talked a bit like she does, and my mom came back saying that the doctor had given a recommendation of a school.

This was amazing news to me. The reason I'm not actually in "real" school is because there are no good ones near us. So we looked it up, Moravian Academy, and it looked REALLY awesome. That is, until we looked at tuition. Or rather, didn't look.

Ever been in one of those stores where they didn't have price tags on stuff because if you have to ask, you can't afford it? It was listed NOWHERE on the site. I mean it. Like, we clicked every link. So we just like, requested information about it to be mailed to us. And then Googled it. Turns out, it was a pretty hefty number. I'm talking college price expensive. Was ridiculous, I'm telling you.

So like any sane person, we wrote it off and just went back to normal stuff. And then I checked the mail one day and OH LOOK, there was a package from Moravian Academy. Dude, it was a SPIFFY package. It was a fancy red portfolio type, with a dvd and you know that type of paper that is really expensive and you can actually feel it? Yeah. It was that type of paper.

Anyways, out of curiosity, we watched the dvd, read the papers...still expensive, but when you're looking in front of you at it...it has a pull, man. My mom ended up studying the papers for a while, then went to talk to my dad.

Apparently what went on during their private meeting is my mom discussing the possibility of going there for my senior year. The thing is, between now and then, I have to prove that I'm a leader not a follower because well...I will admit that I have problems with that. Like, even recently. For example, I like to dress up. Especially when I go out. I moan about dresses and makeup and being prissy all the time, but honestly? I love it. I love going out in malls feeling pretty(see old post from who knows when about this complex) and looking my best. Putting on heels and makeup...it's just fun. When Sare was here, she likes to be casual. (I bet that's because your hair looks great even when you wake up in the mornings >> ) Haha, anyways, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I like to do that, too, when I'm around the house. But I dressed down too, even in situations when I would've normally dressed up because she was. So yeah, being a leader. *nod* Must work on that. =P

So, I'm just really excited at the opportunity of going to a REAL school for senior year. 'Course, we're looking into me spending a semester in the Philippines for part of Junior year as well so I can experience PROM. That'll be so fun. And I'll hopefully pick up the language, too, by being in full immersion. Well, not full. Filipinos speak English mixed in with Tagalog, but ako magsisikap(I will try).

-Glind

0 comments:

Post a Comment