I'm Seeing Pretty Colours! Trippy.

My science teacher is the type that's really enthusiastic about science, complete with the lab coat, half balding hair(the other half is sticking out at odd angles), and glasses, and his voice sounds like he's been sucking on helium as a substitute to drugs. My video teacher, that is. Me being my shy little homeschooler self, I've never met him in person.


He was trying to explain how to work our microscopes for the first time and my first thought was, "Eww. Science. Boring." because I'm honestly not that into atoms and chemistry and such. NoonemakesacheesyjokeorI'llhaveyougranched. But when I actually managed to get my microscope to work and look into the eyepiece, I was blown away.


Yeah, I guess I'm a bit easy to be amazed, but for this experiment, we had to have a small g cut out from the newspaper and prepare a wet slide from it and when I looked at it under the microscope, it was just...awesome! The ink that made out the "g" was very faint and the whole little scrap on the slide had this...antiquity to it, like a document thousands of years old. And then there was this random red streak near the right hand side of the g and I was like, "WOAH PRETTY COLOUR!" I had no idea that newspapers have random colour streaks, but it's seriously spiffy.


And then, when you turned the knob to a higher level of magnification, you could seriously see every little dot of the ink scritched out like those little magnetic toys you see where you move the magnet and the little metal shavings move around so you make beards and other weird facial hair.


Anyways. I thought that was pretty cool. This isn't a very substantial post, though. I'm trying to think of something else to say, but I can't think of anything except boy drama. And that's not all that entertaining. So I think I'll leave it at that before my brain goes entirely mush.


-Glind

3 comments:

Unknown said...
January 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
January 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM

ohhh, wait a second. I hit the deletey button. And thought that it was a good idea.

I don't remember why.

um.

I said that I thought it was a cool experiment and that I wanted to try it. Yes.

Larien said...
January 29, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Haha. That was smart. Maybe it was just because it was a shiny button that was screaming "DO NOT TOUCH". So you touched it.

Yes, it was a very cool experiment. You could probably just borrow a microscope at your school and do it. It honestly doesn't take that long.

Post a Comment