Apathetic Way To Be

Ever had one of those days where you just feel like you're in a slump and you just have this certain apathy about practically everything? I've been in that slump for a couple weeks now, except it's mainly confined to my schooling nowadays. This is unusual for me. See, I'm the type of girl that lives for perfect A's and good grades, but none of it seems to matter anymore.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why either and that's what's bugging me. I'm behind in schoolwork from since November and it's not surprising about that since I generally procrastinate, but not usually on this level. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and focused on my schoolwork instead of brushing it off.

It's not the incentive of finishing, I think. It's the repetitive monotony of school cycling over and over again and maybe it's just a bit of wanting actual social interaction. I love focusing on learning if I have someone to do it with and to commiserate with, but at this point, that's not possible as there are no good schools near me. So with that in mind, I just need something to focus on to make me want to do school, other than, of course, threat of failing. That never seems to work, sadly.

On a sidenote, I was looking at my random writing drabbles from different points within the last year and they all seem to hold a rather depressing note. Am I really that angsty? Gaah.

-Glind

(I have a valid excuse for failing on the second day of this blog and not posting. I had to drop my sister and her son off in Canada and I had no internet. I didn't even have a computer as this compie's screen is half detached from the rest of it and therefore, unfit to travel.)

5 comments:

Taylor Kowalski said...
January 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Maybe you should move here. To my school. Where I am. Where you won't be bored. Where I AM.

I think you're bored. I think you're feeling the effects of not enduring all this high school business with kids your own age. I think that November, being around us all the time, caught in the stress of an event wherein everyone there can totally and completely relate with you, like school (or at least my school, anyway), made that painfully obvious.

It sucks. *hug*

Larien said...
January 28, 2010 at 2:09 AM

I think I should. So I can get free hugs whenever I want.

*nods in agreement with everything Taylor's saying* I think you should become a psychiatrist. Or a therapist. Or maybe a counselor or something. *nodnod* You're really good at it. I dunno what I'd do without you. *hugs back*

Parasite said...
January 28, 2010 at 10:11 AM

*hugs also* but you should come to MY school. though that is where i am right now and i am kind of bored. so idk.

but i love the song that i am guessing you names this post after btw. lol

Cee said...
January 29, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Aaah. I can completely empathize,as I feel exactly the same. There's just no motivation, anymore. No reason. Unfortunately, parents don't seem to understand it. xD;;;

Larien said...
January 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM

*hugs Annie too* Haha, that's okay. We should all make our own school and go there. That'd be GREAT! We'd never be bored! And haha, I love how you always get my song references. I love it too.

And yay, I'm not alone! It sucks, right? Having to work at focusing? And that's just because they're our parents. Regardless of what they say, they didn't really go through what we do. Different decades and all that jazz. =P

Post a Comment