Tell Me I'm Pretty

Ever notice how when you *feel* pretty, everything just seems better? I mean, if you feel good about yourself in general, then you just all of a sudden get this huge mood lift and the sun's shining even if it's raining and everything in the world is GREAT.

Yeah, you could probably feel the same way in an old sweatshirt and jeans and I am so comfy in those and would love to just wear that all day, but when I actually make an effort on my appearance, I practically skip around everywhere, grinning like a lunatic. It's just something about having a newfound confidence in yourself and how you look or maybe I just have really low self-esteem, ha.



It somewhat reminds me of the one episode in Fairly OddParents where Trixie and Timmy are the last two people on earth and she constantly needs Timmy to tell her she's pretty. Now, I don't need someone to tell me I'm pretty all the time. Actually, if you do, it kind of just makes me feel awkward and unsure how to respond.

So, this feeling doesn't come from other people telling you you're pretty. It has to come from you telling yourself that. It has to come from inside. And honestly, isn't inner beauty what it's all about anyways? You could get any barbie doll to have a one night stand with, but when outer beauty fades as age takes its toll, what's going to keep you in the relationship? That, my friends, is true love.



-Glind

1 comments:

Post a Comment